Honeywell Thermostat Not Working After Battery Change – Did your Honeywell thermostat not work after the battery change? You’re in good company! Here, we will walk you through a few helpful suggestions to fix this issue yourself. We should get everything rolling.
So, assuming your Honeywell thermostat stops working after a battery change, remove the batteries and set them back inappropriately. On the off chance that that doesn’t help, find your HAVOC system circuit breaker and turn it now and again. This ought to determine the issue.
Honeywell Thermostat Not Working After Battery Change
For additional subtleties on the most proficient method to fix this issue, continue to peruse.
Why is My Honeywell Thermostat Not Working After Battery Change & How to Fix It?
To Get your Honeywell Thermostat to work again subsequent to changing the batteries, this is the way to go about it:
Make sure that You’re Utilizing the Expected Batteries
- Honeywell Thermostat utilizes regular AA/AAA alkaline batteries (non-rechargeable- batteries). So you need to guarantee you’re utilizing the right batteries — as off-base batteries may not turn the Thermostat on or cause bothersome activity.
- All the more in this way, all AA/AAA alkaline batteries out there are not of similar quality. In this way, while you get the expected batteries, guarantee they are of good quality, as inappropriate/inactive batteries might cause a similar issue. So make sure that the batteries are active and make certain to get excellent batteries like Duracell, Energizer, and such.
Replace Every one of the Batteries
- Did you, by some coincidence, blend old batteries in with new ones? On the off chance that indeed, the chances are your Thermostat won’t turn on or would quit working after some time.
- Utilizing old and new batteries together may cause battery spillage, diminish general overall execution, or be far more terrible. In the event that your Thermostat batteries are low, guarantee you transform them for the best execution.
Make sure that the Batteries Are Accurately Positioned
- Seems like what you currently twofold checked. Indeed, an update in the event that you didn’t really take a look at subsequent to replacing the batteries.
- On the off chance that your batteries are not accurately situated — the positive (+) closes facing up, your thermostat won’t turn on. Twofold check and guarantee you put the batteries inappropriately.
Reboot Your thermostat Through the Circuit Breaker
In the event that your Honeywell thermostat won’t turn on subsequent to replacing the batteries, one more fix to attempt is rebooting the gadget by means of your circuit breaker.
- Follow the means underneath to reboot/reset your Honeywell thermostat through the circuit breaker:
- Go to your circuit breaker panel — it is the primary power dispersion panel in your home.
- Find the thermostat circuit breaker— — it is normally marked “A/C,” “Air Conditioner,” or “HVAC.”
- Flip the circuit breaker off. Then sit tight for a couple of moments and flip it back to the ON position.
- Actually, look at your thermostat to check whether the display is back on. In the event that is not, proceed to the following stage.
Clean the Battery Terminals
- Your thermostat may not turn on assuming that the old batteries have consumed the battery terminals — forestalling current going through them.
- Issues like this might occur on the off chance that you postponed replacing the old batteries, or they had poor seals and leaked acid subsequently.
- Assuming your Honeywell thermostat actually won’t turn on in the wake of attempting the fixes above, the probabilities are good that the battery terminals are consumed. In this way, really take a look at the battery terminals in your thermostat and clean them to fix the issue.
- To clean your Honeywell thermostat’s battery terminals, plunge a Q-Tip into vinegar or lemon juice, then, at that point, rub it delicately on the battery terminals surface — to remove any corrosion.
- On the off chance that this doesn’t help, proceed to the following investigating step.
Factory Reset the Thermostat
- Your Thermostat turns on however not working accurately in the wake of getting the above advances right? Then, at that point, Factory resetting could be your smartest option.
- That is, assuming you’re certain you have the right batteries and they are accurately positioned, however, your thermostat isn’t working accurately, then attempt to reset it.
Factory resetting your Honeywell Thermostat to its default Factory settings will eradicate all past programming/settings, hence fixing any bug.
So this is the way to factory reset a Honeywell Thermostat:
Step-by-step Instructions to Factory Reset Honeywell T5+, T5, and T6
- Stage 1: Press and hold the Menu and afterward press Image until Reset shows up on the screen.
- Stage 2: Now, choose Reset to finish the interaction.
Furthermore, that is tied in with resetting the Honeywell Wi-Fi Thermostat — T5+, T5, and T6 models.
Resetting Honeywell Smart/Lyric Round Thermostat
- Stage 1: Press the Cloud Symbol and hold it.
- Stage 2: Press the Down Arrow button until Reset shows up on the screen.
- Stage 3: Choose Reset to finish the factory reset.
Now, your gadget has been effectively reset to factory default settings. You can reconfigure and check whether it now works accurately.
Caveat: As referenced, playing out a factory reset will totally delete all setups, incorporating combinations with other brilliant home gadgets. So make certain to reprogram your thermostat and associate all recently associated gadgets — for nonstop optimal operation.
On the off chance that you don’t know how to reprogram your thermostat in the wake of programming, contact an HVAC professional for assistance.
Did your thermostat turn on or now work accurately all things considered? If indeed, congrats! However, in the event that not, you might need to contact Honeywell for additional help.
How might you get my Honeywell Thermostat to work again after the battery change?
As referred to, if your Honeywell Thermostat stops working directly following changing the batteries, you can without a very remarkable stretch fix the issue by ensuring you’re using the right/powerful batteries and a while later reset handling factory default settings to fix Honeywell Thermostat Not Working After Battery Change issue.