Why Does My Owlet Camera Keep Disconnecting?
Why Does My Owlet Camera Keep Disconnecting – Here, in this article, we’ll walk you through the moves toward investigating availability issues with your Owlet Camera.
Assuming that sounds like what you’re searching for, how about we head directly into it?
Why Does My Owlet Camera Keep Disconnecting?
For one thing, here are a few reasons Why Does My Owlet Camera Keep Disconnecting:
- Unsupported Wi-Fi network band.
- You’re utilizing an outdated variant of the Owlet application.
- Your Owlet application might have experienced a functional error.
- Your Owlet Cam firmware is outdated.
Continue to peruse to perceive how to tackle the “Why Does My Owlet Camera Keep Disconnecting” issue.
Owlet Camera Keeps Disconnecting: Try These Troubleshooting Tips
Change Your Wi-Fi network Band to 2.4GHz
In the event that your Owlet Cam continues to disconnect from your Wi-Fi, the probabilities are your Wi-Fi network is contradictory with the camera. The Owlet Camera just backings the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band. In this way, in the event that your ongoing Wi-Fi network isn’t working the 2.4GHz band, your Owlet Camera will not associate with it.
In any case, in the event that the Wi-Fi network isn’t viable with your Owlet Camera, how then, at that point, would you say you were ready to associate with it on past events? This is on the grounds that the router has naturally changed to a 5GHz Wi-Fi network.
Most present-day routers have double groups (2.4GHz and 5GHz networks). These routers figure out which Wi-Fi network to associate with by actually looking at the sign strength of the two bands. They then, at that point, associate with the Wi-Fi network with the strongest signal.
Maybe the 5GHz network as of late delivered a more strong signal than the 2.4GHz band, consequently making the switch interface with the previous. For your Owlet Camera to keep a steady association with your Wi-Fi network, set your router to just a sudden spike in demand for the 2.4GHz band.
Here are the moves toward changing your Wi-Fi network to a 2.4GHz band:
- Enter your router’s IP address into an internet browser.
- Now, you will be taken to your router’s site page.
- The system will demand you provide a username and password. On the off chance that you’ve never visited the site page, enter admin as your username. Find the password to your router’s site page at the backside of the router.
- Tap on the Menu tab and afterward choose Wireless Network Settings.
- Then, find the wireless network area on the Wireless Network Settings page.
- Now, look for the tab that contains a rundown of the Wi-Fi networks on your router.
- Click on the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network choice.
- Now, click on Save to apply the changes.
- All the more in this way, check and router off auto-switching at the highest point of the Wireless Network page to keep your switch from switching bands consequently.
So that is the means by which to guarantee your Wi-Fi network works on the 2.4GHz band just — and it ought to fix the associated issues with your Owlet Camera.
In any case, in the event that that doesn’t tackle the issue, proceed to the following stage.
Force Close and Reopen the Owlet Application
In some cases, your Owlet camera might separate or continue to disconnect from Wi-Fi due to a functional error inside the application.
A fast approach to this issue is to force close and Reopen your Owlet application.
What in all actuality does force closing do? Force closing an application will totally close the application on your gadget. Most times, when you close an application on your mobile typically, you don’t totally stop the application as it’s actually running behind the background. However, force shutting will close it, including the background information.
What’s more, when you open the application once more, it loads up new, which helps fix a few errors.
Not certain how to force close the Owlet application on your mobile? The moves toward forcing an application on a cell phone change — are contingent upon the model of the telephone.
By and large, this is the way to force close an application on Android gadgets:
Put your finger on the application you need to force close. Then, swipe it up to close it.
What’s more, for iOS gadgets, this is the way to force close an application:
- Immediately click the round Home button two times to open all applications. Then, swipe left or right to find the application you need to force close.
- Now, drag the application’s card up to force close it.
- After you’ve forced closing the Owlet application on your telephone, send off it back. Your Owlet camera ought to work fine at this point. In the event that is not, proceed to the following stage.
Upgrade Your Owlet Application
Assuming you are utilizing an outdated form of the Owlet application, your camera might continue to disconnect from your Wi-Fi network. This is on the grounds that outdated application forms ordinarily hold messes that cause a few breakdowns inside the application.
To determine this, you’ll have to Upgrade the Owlet application on your telephone/tablet to the most recent rendition.
This is the way to check and Upgrade the Owlet application on your cell phone:
- Go to find out about Play or Apple Application Store and enter ‘Owlet application’ in the search bar.
- You ought to find the Owlet application at the top point of the search lists. Click on it to Continue.
- Tap on the Update button on the Owlet application page to upgrade your application.
- On the off chance that there’s no update button adjacent to the application, it implies you have the ongoing rendition of the application. Proceed to the following stages — for additional investigating tips.
Update Your Owlet Camera’s Firmware
- Assuming your Owlet camera actually disconnects from your Wi-Fi network subsequent to attempting the investigating ventures over, your camera’s firmware may be obsolete.
- Thus, you’ll have to redesign your Owlet Camera’s firmware to determine the association issue.
- Check your Owlet Application Home screen to check whether “Cam Update Available” is displayed on the screen. Assuming this is the case, tap the orange button appearing “Cam Update Available” to update your camera’s firmware.
Restart Your Router
- Assuming that the issue proceeds, one more fix to attempt are restarting your Router. This will invigorate your Wi-Fi connection and perhaps fix any error deterring the Wi-Fi network.
- You can restart your Router by turning off it from the power source. Sit tight for around 30 seconds and attachment it back in.
- On the off chance that your Router has a restart button, essentially press and hold it for a couple of moments until it restarts.
- Then, reconnect your Owlet camera, then, at that point, watch to check whether the issue is settled.
- Why SimpliSafe App Not Working
- Honeywell Thermostat Wont Turn on Heat
- Honeywell Thermostat Blank Screen
- Wyze Plug Offline and Not Connecting
- Schlage Lock Not Working After Battery Change
In the event that your Owlet camera continues to disconnect from Wi-Fi, really look at your Router and set it to just a sudden spike in demand for the 2.4GHz organization.
This ought to fix the Why Does My Owlet Camera Keep Disconnecting issue. In the event that is not, update your Owlet application and the camera’s firmware adaptation.
On the off chance that none of the fixes help, contact Owlet Customer service for assistance.